...the rest of the story
- My name is Iris. I've always liked my name (except in books, Iris is always a villan
- well maybe that's true in real life too - maybe someone is trying to tell me something).
I love the gorgeous iris flowers and so have populated my little corner of the web with them.
- I'm seriously older than dirt. I'm a widow and a grandmother with 4 wonderful grown children and 8+2 more wonderful
- I love God, my kids & grandkids, my little pomapoo dog, tiny poodle dogs, animals in general, counted cross stitch, fancy Barbie doll outfits,
diamonds, sparkly things, a cool fall day, and a lot of other things I can't think of right now.
Where I live
- I live on a small mini farm in rural north Alabama with a cute Pomapoo, an indoor cat, an inside/outside cat,
wild deer, possums, racoons, coyotes and who knows what else. My kids (all adults with grown kids of their own) all
live far away so I don't get to see them nearly as often as I'd like. I am blessed to have a grandson living with me while he finishes college.
Counted Cross Stitch
- Been doing that for almost 40 plus years and am totally addicted. I work a couple of days a week in a great cross stitch shop
and am always needing a project. I've designed many of my own charts
over the years, but in mid 2011 I designed my first chart to sell.
My original charts can be found at Iris Originals Cross Stitch Designs and Iris Originals at Etsy.
Available wholesale to shops at ICG Crafts
- A friend designed my first web site many years ago and I wasn't particularly pleased and decided I could do a better job.
I did and one thing led to another and now I have a small web design business.
I love working on web sites and can become engrossed quite easily. I've slowed down in that area as there just isn't
enough hours in my day.
Everything I offer online comes from a smoke free home, however Pets abound, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
- I've been sewing for 70 years (told you I was old) and have always loved the beautiful Barbie outfits.
SO, several years ago, my late husband encouraged me to go back to making them. I still have fun with that though
the counted cross designing takes up most of my time these days.
Okay, if you've stuck with me this far you now know waaaay more than you ever wanted to about me. Didn't mean to write a book - but wanted to cover all the website bases as it were. Hope you'll stop by again, the coffee pot is always on.